Published: 15 Feb 2018, 08:47
Nominations for the Solar Power Portal and Energy-Storage.News Awards 2018 are now open and this year’s Residential Storage Project category is expected to be amongst the most keenly contested.
Battery storage technologies have continued to mature and installations appear to be picking up. We’ve witnessed major players like IKEA, E.On and EDF enter the residential storage market of late, each bringing serious marketing clout.
To be eligible for this award storage installations must have been completed after 7 June 2017, and nominations should include details of the system size and equipment used, as well as any available details regarding the benefit received by the consumer or resident.
Last year’s winner
At last year’s Solar Power Portal Awards, the residential storage category was rolled into a much wider Residential, Commercial & Industrial Energy Storage Award. That went to Blackwood Group, Emtec Energy and Scene Connect for their work installing a BYD battery storage solution for Broom Court Care Home, a project the judges said had taken a “really bold approach”.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2018 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter – 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2018 microsite
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’