Q: What was the reason for founding your organization – what was the open niche you saw that could be addressed with a new product or service? What was the problem, or gap, or opportunity?
Re-applying Wet Mill Separation Technologies into the Dry Grind Ethanol Industry, providing Ethanol Producers the opportunity to diversify into:
– high value proteins
– high value oils
– high value fiber
– diversification of glucose into biochemicals
Q: Tell us about your organization. What do you do?
- Provide Separation Technology Packages
- Provide Process Engineering Design
- Provide EPCm Project Execution
- Provide Marketing and Sales support
Q: What stage of development are you?
Commercial stage – have mature products or services on the market.
Q: What do your technologies, products or services do and accomplish – how does it (they) work, who is it (they) aimed for?
Clean Sugar Technology (CST) – game changer in the sugar (glucose) space. This patented process allows for the conversion of the whole grain, then separation of the grain components, to produce high purity, low cost glucose. Wet mill technologies produce starch first, then glucose, adding to cost.
Q: Competitively, what gives your technology, product or service set an edge in cost or performance, sustainability, or any other aspect, that makes it stand out from the crowd, In short, what makes it transformative?
Clean Sugar Technology provides high purity glucose (comparable to or better than a wet mill) at 50% less COGS. Allows biochemical industry access to Over-The-Fence (OTF) fresh glucose wherever a dry grind ethanol plant exists.
Q: What are the 3 top milestones you have accomplished in the past 3 years?
- Commercialized CST, at 135k MT/yr db, in Oct’16 for Green Biologics
- Commercialized MSC, at “large scale”, at Flint Hills in Oct’18
- Signed multiple Technology Supply Packages in past year, more than doubling the size of FQT
Q: What are the 3 top milestones you will accomplish in the next 3 years?
- Double FQT again
- Install 500k+ MT/yr db CST capacity for Biochem Industry
- Diversify Technologies into other Process Industries that need unique Separation Technology Solutions
Q. Where can I learn more about Fluid Quip Technologies?