By Gerard J. Ostheimer, PhD., Co-Founder and CSO, Global Biofuture Solutions
Special to The Digest
On Wednesday September 16th the Biofuture Platform will become an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial. The 1-hour launch event is available to the public online and will be co-hosted by Brazilian Minister of Mines, Minerals, and Energy Bento Albuquerque and IEA Director General Dr. Fatih Birol.
The event will feature Industry leaders of the Global Bioeconomy from Enerkem, Neste, and Praj:
- Geneviéve Brisson, Senior Director for Global Government Affairs of Enerkem
- Peter Vanacker, President and CEO of Neste
- Pramod Chaudhari, Executive Chairman of Praj Industries
Watch as the new and improved CEM Biofuture Platform Initiative is launched in an on-line high-level side event of the 11th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) this Wednesday September 16 from 10 to 11 EDT.
Registration and more information can be found at https://cem-mi-saudi2020.sa/
The Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) is a high-level global forum to promote policies and programmes that advance clean energy technologies, share lessons learned and best practices and encourage transitions to a global clean energy economy. The CEM encourages robust involvement by key private-sector partners, which is essential to ensure that its full potential is realised.
The Biofuture Platform has been the collaborative efforts of 20 countries for the past 4 years. By becoming a new CEM workstream the Biofuture Platform Initiative aims to raise international ambition and
- Advance sustainable bioenergy production
- Increase bio-product trade and use globally
- Improve analysis, policies, programs and projects
- Make bioenergy a key enabler in clean energy transitions.
The new CEM Biofuture Platform Initiative will be implemented in close partnership with industry.